Saturday, January 23, 2016

Voltage / Current sensing added

Last night and today, I added the voltage sensing circuit, and current sensing circuits.  Not happy about the current sensing, turns out my sensors are rated too high (600A) sensors, to get enough resolution sensing the low current of the bot.  Oh well, I have to price out some smaller ones.  I had these laying around and hoped I could use them.

I've also been looking at the frame.  I knew the swivel was more or less temporary, but I have a plan now.  I will go ahead and mount the 2nd part of the frame above the box height, and connect the two frames by 4 connecting beams.  I will attach the swivel bracket to a cross member attached to both frames.  This should double the strength and rigidity, and also double my mounting space on the rover.  I will need this room up top for the detector control enclosure and the other hardware.

Below are picts of the new wiring and sensors, and a new screenshot.


New voltage and current sensors

Latest screenshot without meters and more info

No comments: