Saturday, June 9, 2012

Finished wheel motor testing


Ok, I got three of the four motors working.  It appears that the 4th amplifier is bad.  I'll have to send it back for a return.  I'm not sure why it's bad, hope it isn't a trend.  


I had to pull the ATX power supply. I only need 12V out of it, and I needed the terminal space, so I changed it out to a dedicated small 12V supply to get the 12V. 


The brake I burned up a while back is fixed.  I had found two surplus brakes on ebay.  They were for a different motor, but I modified it to replace the bad one, and it worked great.  Fortunately, its a 24V brake like the other two motors.  I have one extra brake, so I will replace the other 12v brake as well so that they are all 24V.


Some next steps:


1) Replace bad 24v23 amplifier.
2) Get power to Flowboard and Phidget SBC2
3) Wire Flowboard Digital Outputs to Brake and Motor Enable Relays
4) Test Phidget Sensors over webservice
5) Wire up Sweep Arm Linear actuators
6) Mount encoders to non-driven feedback wheels, and finish cover boxes.
7) Mount encoder to sweep arm rotation
8) Mount rotation motor and belt drive to sweep arm
9) Wire up Phidget Motor Amplifiers
10) Power up/Test Phidget motor amplifiers...

No comments: