Thursday, September 3, 2015

Awaiting boards to come in..

Well, I created a PCB around the Teensy, and am currently waiting on parts.  I have received most of the parts, but still am awaiting delivery of the PCB and op amp buffers.

I screwed up my DAC footprint.  Turns out Sparkfun's SSOP to DIP footprint doesn't follow a DIP IC pattern, so I will have to make a little adapter harness for the chip to plug into.

Everything has tested out so far from the design, I will make some minor changes to the next PCB rev, but for the most part, the PCB should work ok.

Yes, it's through hole, but I wanted through-hole for simplicity's sake, and the ability to cut / solder traces if need be.  It's still not too big.  I will keep the same size on the next rev, and just shrink components and add more features.  Perhaps add some more channels or something.

Here are some pictures of the PCB..



No comments: